Thursday, July 12, 2012

Summer Baking

Yes, I agree!  Summer baking is now a true statement in Georgia or anywhere else where the temperatures have been around 106 degrees.  We experienced some dreadful heat this past weekend and we are now reveling in the powerful, yet beautiful thunderstorms that follow.

In spite of the heat, I have managed to spend a great deal of time in my kitchen.  Cooking has always calmed me but baking has always been stressful for me.  Many people say it is because I lack patience that baking is stressful.  I sat and thought about that comment and I realized that it was true.  I am the first to confess that I am ready for the end result - the luscious, tender cake with the great brown crispy crust, the gooey, chewy warm brownies with the vanilla bean gelato melting into them, the fluffy, butter laden biscuit with homemade jelly...HURRY UP OVEN!!!!

As I planned my July 4th menu, I relaxed as I realized I didn't have a time frame...I had all the time in the world.

So with that thought in mind...the one of I have all the time in the world...shall we muse about what we want to create?


No comments: